Join us for the 2013 Annual Planning Session on Thursday, February 7, 2013 beginning at 6:30 pm with a Social Gathering and Snacks, and 7 pm with Presentations. Kurt Schindler will be the featured speaker discussing Ethics in Planning & Zoning. Location: Leelanau Government Center (8527 E. Government Center Dr., Lower Level Community Meeting Room, west of Suttons Bay Village off M204). Click here for a flyer.
The Leelanau County Planning Commission was created in 1970 by the County Board of Supervisors (now the County Board of Commissioners). In 2011, the County Board of Commissioners passed a new Ordinance and Resolution for the Leelanau County Planning Commission - making it consistent with current Public Acts and requirements.
Apply for a position on the County Planning Commission
The County Planning Commission is responsible for:
- Preparing and maintaining the Leelanau General Plan (Update Process) (Act 33 of 2008, Sec. 31)
- Reviewing and commenting on proposed new public facilities or improvements (Act 33 of 2008, Sec. 61)
- Making recommendations on proposed township and village plans and township rezoning or zoning ordinance text amendments (Act 33 of 2008, Sec. 41 and Act 110 of 2006, Sec. 307)
- Assisting in the development of model regulations for the county or local governments
- Arranging and promoting educational opportunities on planning and growth management
- Coordinating planning activities with other public and private agencies
- Carrying out specially delegated responsibilities of the County Board of Commissioners
- Preparing and maintaining the County's 6-year Capital Improvements Program (CIP) (Act 33 of 2008, Sec. 65)
2013 Members: Gerald Bergman, Will Bunek, Fred Cepela, Richard Figura, Charles Godbout, Victor Goldschmidt, Greg Julian, Richard Kobetz, Bradford Krull, Jessica Lukomski and David McCulloch.
AGENDAS, PACKETS, MINUTES
Annual Report of the Leelanau County Planning Commission (2011)
County Planning Commission Ordinance - (May 2011)