Register To Vote
To register to vote, you must be all of the following:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by Election Day
- A resident of Michigan
- A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
If you want to check to see if you are registered, visit www.Michigan.gov/vote.
Note: You must be registered to vote at least 30 days before voting in an election.
You may obtain an application to register to vote at any of the following locations:
- Your local Secretary of State branch office
- Your local county or township clerk's office
- Offices of several state agencies, such as the Department of Human Services, the Department of Community Health, and the Department of Labor and Economic Growth
- Military recruitment centers
- Voter registration drives
- Online at the Michigan Secretary of State site
For complete information on voter registration, visit Michigan Department of State.
This page last updated on 3/7/2014.